What are cookies modules?
Cookies modules are small text files that get stored on your browser on the device you use when you visit a website (computer, mobile device, etc.).
Why are cookies used?
There are more types of cookies. The ones we use are:
- they allow the website to remember your preferences (such as user name, language, etc.) for a certain period of time.
- they ensure a correct functioning of the website, helping it remember you logged in or what products you added to your cart.
Every time you visit My Montessori Shelf website, you will be invited to accept of refuse the cookies.
If you refuse the necessary cookies, some website functionalities might become unavabilable.
- They analyze the way a website is used, storing information such as the number of visitors, allowing the improvement of the website.
For example, our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc (“Google”) that contributes to analyzing the website usage. For this purpose, Google Analytics uses “cookies”, small piece of text sent to your browser and stored on your computer by a website you visit.
General information generated by cookies regarding the way the website is used - standard information of internet usage journal (including your IP address) and information regarding the users behavior (anonymously) - are transmitted to Google and stored by it, including on United Stated servers. Before being transmitted to Google, your IP address is made anonymous.
According to its certification regarding the “confidentiality shield”, Google declares to abide by the UE-USA frame regarding the confidentiality shield. Google may transfer the information collected by Google Analytics to a third party when the legislation requires it or when the third party interprets the information on behalf of Google.
Social media analytic cookies
- They allow the integration of social media platforms on the website and they allow you to like or distribute a page or a product immediately on your preferred social media service.
The cookies can managed from the pop-up banner on our website or directly from the browser. you can manage the cookies as you want - details on aboutcookies.org.
In the list below you can find more information on how to deactivate cookies or on how to manage cookie settings for the browser you use:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471